The AC-MX-42 is ideal for bypassing AVRs that do not support full 18Gbps. Instead of bottlenecking video quality through a legacy audio device that can’t handle 18Gbps. Integrators can run down-scaled video to a legacy audio device and send uncompressed HDMI to the display. Audio remains untouched on a down-scaled output, making it an ideal component for systems where high bit rate audio is critical.
AVPRO EDGE USER INTERFACE
Managing HDMI signals can be challenging, from interoperability between sources and displays, changes in signal type coming from different types of content, to Hollywood protection with HDCP; each one of these things can cause havoc on the installation. With AVPro Edge's User Interface, we put the power back in the hands of the installers. Integrators can create their custom EDID strings to perfect the signal coming from the source or scale an image to work with a legacy display, all from an easily accessible and navigatable interface.
We developed the AEUI technology with our group of engineers. Installers can use our interface confidently, knowing that we are not simply attaching an already available technology. We built the AEUI from scratch for our integrators with the technology they requested.
KEY BENEFITS OF USING THE AC-MX-42
Ideal for overcoming AVR problems ~ In today’s fast-moving, high-bandwidth video market, there is often a need to send high bit rate, bitstream audio into AVR’s to take advantage of audio advances like Dolby Atmos or DTS-X. While especially well suited for audio, AVRs lack the robust ability to manage high-bandwidth HDR video. The AC-MX-42 allows integrators to bypass AVRs and send uncompressed video signals to displays or projectors. Integrators can then down-scale the other AV stream to a lower bandwidth video while maintaining the original untouched audio codecs, making the AC-MX-42 ideal for sending this second HDMI signal into an AVR and then on to a surround sound system.
Auto-Switching ~ Ideally suited for environments where integrators want the matrix switcher to switch to the active input or activate when a user plugs in a device. Additionally, this unit is ideally suited to manage “bring your own device” type of environments.
The auto-switching mode can be configured:
- Both outputs auto-switch together
- Only one output auto-switches.
- NOTE - In either mode, HDMI output 1 can be down-scaled to accommodate a room where one device is 1080P and another is 4K.
4K Up/Down Scaling ~ Up and downscaling technology is managed on HDMI output 1. Scaling will allow integrators to downscale 4K sources to1080p, eliminating the problem that other matrixes have that forces them to “dumb down” the entire system even if there is only one old 1080P display.
EDID Management ~ With 29 onboard EDIDs, including HDR EDIDs, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. We also can instantly read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye, EDID problems.
Dual Audio De-Embedding ~ Our unique Audio De-Embedding allows:
- The user can extract 2 Channel audio from the L/R Ports. NOTE: the Analog Port only supports 2CH PCM - for down-mixing, check out AC-AVDM-AUHD or our AXION line of matrix switchers.
- It features a digital optical Toslink output for 7CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital +, DTS, DTS Master Audio.
- Extracted audio routing is bound to the output of your choosing (extracted audio switches with the video)
FULL FEATURE SET
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support
- 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Full HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG Support
- HDCP 2.3 (and all earlier versions supported)
- 4K > 1080p Down Scaler (Out 1)
- Perfect AVR Bypass deliver 18Gbps to Display and uncompressed audio to AVR
- Advanced EDID Management
- IR, RS-232 and LAN Control Options
- Digital Toslink Out (7CH PCM, DD, DTS)
- Balanced Analog Out (2CH PCM)
- Down-scaling mode for mixed systems
- Driver Support for Crestron, C4, RTI, ELAN and more
- Extracted Audio Supports DD+, DTS Master Audio on Toslink
- Extracted Audio bound to output 1 or 2
What's in the box?
- AC-MX-42 (Matrix Switch)
- 5V/2A Locking Power Supply
- 1 x IR Remote Control
- 1 x 3 Pin Terminal Connector (For RS232)
- 2 x Mounting Brackets