Switching engineered for 1G AV over IP with rear-facing ports ensuring a clean integration in AV racks. Pre-configured for out of the box functionality!
The NETGEAR AV Line of M4250 Switches is engineered for audio/video professionals with dedicated service and support.
AV codecs generally use 1Gbps or 10Gbps per stream and the AV Line of M4250 targets the widespread 1Gbps codecs. PoE+, Ultra90 PoE++ and rear-facing ports ensure a clean integration in AV racks.
M4250 switches come pre-configured for standard audio and video signals. When requirements are more specific, an AV user interface offers customization with port-based profiles.
26 X 1G Ethernet Ports
24 X PoE+ Ports, 300W Total Budget
4 X SFP Ports
Standard Rack or VESA Mounting
Auto Connects with and M4250 Switch
Extended AV features
• Dedicated AV web-based GUI interface for more specific AV installations
• Color-based AV profiles can be applied to the different ports
• Dante, Q-SYS, AES67 and AVB audio profiles
• NVX, SVSI, Q-SYS, NDI and Dante video profiles
• Audio / video / control mixed profiles
• Automatic switch interconnect with NETGEAR Auto-Trunk, Auto-LAG and IGMP Plus
• Common Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching engine across all M4250 models
• Built-in IT web GUI, console, telnet and SSH consistent with other NETGEAR M4300 and M4500 series
• Feature set includes static, RIP and PIM routing, DHCP Server and PTPv2
Audio Video Bridging (AVB) services
• AVB is one of the many features designed into the M4250 product line
• AVB is an industry standard for transporting content over a network
• AVB is used most often when very low latency is required such as in live performances when lip sync is critical
• All of the AV Line M4250 switches can be optionally licensed for AVB support
Other IT use cases
• Standard or recessed mounting with all ports in the back, or all ports in the front
• Fully featured L2/L3/L4 platform for midsize Enterprise campus networks, IoT and IPTV Industry standard management
• Industry standard command line interface (CLI), main NETGEAR IT web interface (GUI), SNMP, sFlow and RSPAN
• Single-pane-of-glass NMS300 management platform with centralized firmware updates and mass-configuration support